DEFNA Board Member Recruitment: Join US!
Django Events Foundation North America (DEFNA) is looking for board members! If you’re looking for a way to participate in the Django community, this may be what you’re looking for!
DEFNA was founded to support Django professional and educational events in North America. Our main focus has been DjangoCon US, and we’re looking to expand our support to smaller regional and local events.
To do this, we need additional people to help manage DEFNA. Our current board members (who are also the founding members) are Jeff Triplett, Craig Bruce, and Stacey Haysler.
Specifically, we need people to:
- Attend the monthly board meeting
- Manage DEFNA business: as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and a registered California corporation, there are annual forms and filings to complete, monthly board records to maintain, etc. as well as the usual paying bills and other general business management tasks
- Participate in the grant applications review process
- Use DEFNA’s social media channels to communicate about DEFNA
- Come up with new and clever ways for DEFNA to fulfill our mission
The day-to-day running of DjangoCon US is handled by our amazing team of volunteers. The DEFNA board is not involved in the day-to-day business; our job is to select the venue, manage the contracts, and provide direction to the organizers’ team. If you want to be part of the organizers’ team, that’s terrific—but it’s not required.
Board membership takes, on average, about five hours per month. You can put in more time if you want to be more involved, of course!
If you’d like to be considered for the board, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know:
- What interests you about being on the board
- Your current/prior community involvement (it’s okay if you’re new—we need everyone to participate!)
- Any particular interests you have (grants committee, corporate filings, etc.)
- Any ideas you have for expanding DEFNA’s reach in the OSS community
- Anything else you’d like us to know about you as a potential board member
Please email your information to us by 6:00 PM Pacific Time on April 28th. We’ll contact you if we need more details.
We’ll make our decisions and reply to everyone on May 12th.
Thanks for your interest, and your support of DEFNA!